Activate your email address before posting. Check your inbox or spam folder. This makes you eligible to join Community Events soon!

Prince Orizu says early loss will only push FEU to work harder

• by CHRISTIAN JACINTO

0_1536851533606_prince-orizu-mc-1536750247.jpg
    PHOTO: MARLO CUETO

PRINCE Orizu was disappointed but says he is not demoralized after seeing a huge effort go down the drain as Far Eastern University bowed to rookie-laden University of Sto. Tomas in the UAAP Season 81 basketball tournament on Wednesday at the Smart Araneta Coliseum.

Orizu was the king of the paint in the game as he finished with a career high 25 points on 11 of 13 shooting to go with 13 rebounds and three blocks.

“I feel disappointed but I wouldn’t say I’m too disappointed because I trust in my teammates, myself, and the coaches, that we’re gonna bounce back strong. We just have to feed off the energy that we had in the game even if we came short,” said Orizu.

“I’m gonna admit UST played a great game today so I’m just being honest. Hopefully we’ll get back at them in the second round and get a better a game,” he added.

If there’s one thing that this game proved for Orizu, it’s that there’s no such thing as an easy game in the tournament.

For the 6-foot-8 Nigerian, stumbling early only gives them a further grasp of what they need to work on moving forward.

“We need to play as a team. That’s one of the big things. We don’t wanna come to the game and play selfish. But we just we wanna stick together no matter what happens so that’s the most important thing even a win or a loss,” said Orizu.

“We try to stick together so for us this is a big lesson. Learn that no team is easy in the UAAP. So we have to treat every game like it’s a finals game or a Final Four,” he added, vowing to continue to work on his game.

“I’ll putmore work in the gym and work with coach Gilbert Lao. Keep on working with some my teammates to get better because I don’t want it to be a one game thing for the season,” Orizu said.

“I want to bring more energy to my teammates even if we fell short today, I felt really bad I still have to bring more energy cause in the future games to come maybe they might feed from my energy too. I’m still gonna try my best to keep up the energy so we can keep fighting.”

Source: https://www.spin.ph/basketball/uaap-men/prince-orizu-far-eastern-university-uaap-season-81-ust-tigers-a1331-20180913

• It's alright, in my opinion, bawi nalang sa next games. There are always next games. I like his attitude towards this: took it positively well, kung sa iba yan baka mabawasan motivation niya. 👍

Back to Home
Have you read the Rules? Please do before posting new topics and messages.

Recent Topics

GoFEU.com, formerly the FEU TAMBayan (Tamaraw Bayan), is an online Far Eastern University student and alumni community established September 2006.